Thursday, June 30, 2016

What was supposed to be making me better was making me sick. Are your prescriptions Killing you?

Hello Everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing way better. I think I'm back to my pre-2009 self. I'm ready to get back to work.

Just found this book - Are Your Prescriptions Killing You?: How to Prevent Dangerous Interactions, Avoid Deadly Side Effects, and Be Healthier with Fewer Drugs If you want my long BORING medical story, here it is: Maybe you didn't know or maybe you knew that in 2007 I started getting very ill (in Mexico). I developed hypertension, kidney stones, osteoarthritis, GERD, and a variety of other problems. In 2008 I started taking a hypertension medicine called Carvedilol aka Coreg. In 2010 I actually had a stroke. I was eating a can of chilli after coming home from college and I couldn't talk, my tongue just was not working. I thought maybe I was allergic to the preservatives. The nurse hotline told me to take a Benadryl and call back in the morning, but if it got worse to go into the hospital. It got worse and I was losing my speech and I felt a pulling on one side of my face. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with me and sent me to get an MRI and found that I had actually had a stroke. They also found that including that time, I had a total of 5 strokes. At that time Doctors added the medicine Amlodipine and aspirin. Ever since then I've been awfully sick, just getting more sick and more sick every year and gaining 5 to 10 lbs a year because I was too sick to be active, I guess. One doctor told me the fatigue was because of the strokes, that some people have permanent fatigue after a stroke, and that was a naturopath. My main doctor believed I just had anxiety and it was all in my head. I couldn't work. The doctors could not figure out what was wrong I had zillons of blood tests and other tests. Just kept getting worse and worse and unable to work because 1/3rd of my time was bed ridden and over half my time I was majorly ill, the rest of the time I was getting around, but ran out of energy at 3pm when I had to take a Tramadol just to have stamina to get through the day. Last year I was doing all these cleanses and it seemed like I got a little better but then I got worse, and then worse. This year new symptoms showed up, amoung the dozens of other symptoms, my liver enzymes were elevated, feet were swelling every day, they would only get better when I laid down. Then on Spring break I fell at Universal studios and got a big knot on my left shin. After that, my left foot was swelling to unrecognizable proportions.I came back from vacation and my doctor was basically ignoring my problems. I ended up seeing a Physician Assistant and he really tried to help me. He told me that Amlodipine could be causing the strange headaches and for sure the swelling. I was taking way too high of a dosage and for way too long, since it had long-term side effects. So we reduced my dosage and it helped a little with the swelling. But he increased the other medicine Carvedilol. Then one day I was talking to a pharmacist and she said that she was surprised that Amlodipine was causing fatigue, usually, people had fatigue with Carvedilol.

Oh really? Hmmmmm So I changed doctors and asked him to switch up my medication. And he did. I've now been on 2 new blood pressure medicines for about 4 -5 weeks. The traveling pain, weird headaches and fatigue have left. I still get normal problems but now the normal issues like common cold, allergy, random headaches, or PMS don't make me bed ridden like before. So there you have it. I've been taking Carvedilol since 2008 and Amlodipine since 2010. These medicines that were supposed to be helping me were making me terribly ill. Now I feel so much better. I'm ready to get going on my career, and all my ambitions.


The new Blood pressure medicine is Losartan without the diuretic and Diltiazem.

Diatomaceous Earth must have been helping because it helped get the bad medicines out of my system. But I stopped taking it on and off and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Another note: I've also been taking the following vitamins and supplements everyday. Once I started feeling better I have been scared to change a thing.

  • Vitam B Complex
  • Chewable Papya Enzyme with Chlorophyll
  • Probiotic
  • CoQ10
  • Artemisinin
  • Cloves
  • Green Magma (tablets)
  • Folic Acid
  • Milk Thistle
  • Ginger Root
  • Super Enzymes