Thursday, October 1, 2015

It's been a long journey to Diatomaceous Earth from Chronic Fatigue

I just started checking out other people's blogs about Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Illness.  To tell you the truth I am a firm believer in the Law of Attraction so for the longest time I didn't really investigate anyone else's struggle other than trying to figure out what is wrong with me or how to get better.  Now that I am feeling so fabulous,  I started reading other peoples struggles. I also decided I should list all the things I've tried to date:

  • Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Bragg's Organic - this actually helps a lot with the GERD ironically and I use this when I can remember, but I try not to leave it on my teeth for very long because it causes sensitivities.
  • Coconut oil - oil pulling and consumption.  Well, I hear other people have had great success with this but for some reason it makes my blood pressure spike very high. And I just can't have that because it took a very long time to get it to normal with medication.
  • Conventional Medicine - I am so fed up with conventional doctors. It's like they have a checklist of what it could be and if you don't fit into the box it is not real. 
  • Cutting out dairy - this is something the Naturopath and many people told me to do. And the truth is, when I don't drink milk, or eat yogurt my breath is better.  But other than that not much else. 
  • Essential oils - I put these in baths and around the house. I'm not 100% it is doing anything but it is nice to smell when in a detox bath 
  • Exercise - yoga, bike riding, weights. Exerercise has helped me but just one bad day can throw me off and then I have 6 months of progressively worse fatigue. Also it is very dificult to talk yourself into exercising when you feel TERRIBLE.
  • Fish Oil - Been taking Fish Oil supplements since spring. I feel the same as I do about the Magnesium. I think it might be helping but it is a very small piece to the puzzle. 
  • Juicing - I got all excited after seeing Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/. So I got a juicer and started juicing and Yea I did start feeling better, but it is a lot of work, expensive and not a real solution for my every day life. I need something easy. 
  • Light healing - One lady that had a Near Death Experience and I interviewed her for my project has done light and energy healing on me a few times. But though it did help me emotionally it just ignored what ever the health problem is. 
  • Magnesium supplements  - I think this is helping I take it daily since spring, but I think it is a small component to my healing because if I am only doing Magnesium and no DE I am still severely ill. 
  • Medical tests up the wazoo - I have had so many types of tests trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Sleep tests, blood tests, colonoscopys, MRI's, CT scans, you name it.   Of course most things always come up within normal limits, except the MRI that showed that I have had strokes. 
  • Milk thistle supplement- a few years ago I got so fatigued due to stress and illness that I couldn't even get out of bed. I was in college, interning, it was the holidays and I was 100 out of it . Milk thistle did bring me back to a less fatigued state.  But it didn't cure me. 
  • Naturopath Doctor - I was so hopeful when I went to see the naturopath but he only prescribed to me what I could basically find out myself on http://www.earthclinic.com/ He basically told me my fatigue is a combination from my illnesses and the side effects form my  medicine and that there isn't much he can do. Oh yea?  then why do I feel so much better after taking DE?
  • Non flouride toothpaste - no difference. 
  • Organic diet - For about 3 months this year I went fully organic. It really did not make a single difference. Seriously. I still try to eat organic when I can because I want to but it didn't make any difference in my fatigue. 
  • Positive thinking -  Books or movies with Abraham hicks, Power of Flow, The Secret, and Creative visualization by Shakti Gawain. This can help in many ways yet it was me choosing to ignore the underlying issue, which causes a lot of guilt and shame when I can't seem to think myself better, I feel like, What is wrong with me? 
  • Prayer - Of course  prayer is awesome and the way to go and I think prayer is what finally brought me to all the things that are making me better now. 
  • Probiotics - These did make a big difference for a week or so and then it isn't as obvious. I definitely think it has to be used in combination with ACV, magnesium, fish oil, and Diatomaceous Earth. But for me none of it is enough without the DE.
  • Stopped drinking out of plastic bottles or using plastic containers. This didn't' make any difference except that I stopped drinking as much water so I just went back to using bottled water again. 
  • Tramadol - a pain pill. This works miracles when I needed to get stuff done. It is stronger than Naproxen, but keeps your head clearer than Vicodin or something. I believe it is also not habit forming like Vicodin. But you'd have to research that. Tramadol is how I worked at NBC for a season. Tramadol is how I graduated college. Tramadol is how I worked most days that I have worked in the last 5 years because by 2pm the day is over of me, until now. But what I have found is that Tramadol is just a coverup and even though I haven't found it habit forming, I do feel worse the next day without it. I'm happy to declare that since I started Diatomaceous Earth I have as much energy as Tramadol without the Tramadol. 
So there you have it. I'm going to keep tracking how I feel with DE which I take with Magnesium, ACV,  Probiotics, and fish oil, in addition to my normal medications I have to take which are Carvedilol, Aspirin, Amlodipine, and Levothyroxine.