Friday, October 30, 2015

I'm getting tested for Lyme Disease

I mean that is I'm going to see if the Naturopath will run the Western Dot test from Igenex on me. That is the test I've read that is the most accurate.   I hate, hate, hate, to be a whiner and complainer so it is always hard for me to write about my own problems. But I just saw this clip of someone who was talking about how their life was with Lyme disease and it was awful and hopeless and I began to cry. The courage it takes to talk about how hard things are moves me, and no one really knows how hard it is unless they have been in your shoes.

Lately, I've been having a few bad days, with the weird neurological symptoms. Since I started taking DE I think I've noticed connections from various pains, twitching, and numbness to my digestion and how my stomach feels. I've heard that digestion is the root of many problems.

Earlier this week I started searching "Lyme disease worse during menstrual cycle" and found a lot of interesting information. Ever since my cycle was getting prepared last week, to this week of having it, I have felt TERRIBLE.  I know I feel better than before DE but it is very disappointing because I was so hoping that DE was going to be my cure. My worst day was yesterday where I just didn't have the energy to do anything all day. This morning  I noticed that I felt like this pain or humming in my stomach and then I felt this weird numbness sensation on the extremities of my body. So something is going on in my digestion that causes me to get worse. Being chronically ill is like always having this mystery you are trying to solve.  Even in my blog I've been through so many trial and errors. One thing that has definitely helped is the Diatomaceous Earth. It  has also been helping my family a lot. My son has so much more energy, and my good days are way better than they used to be. But if I do have Lyme disease I've been told that Diatomaceous Earth is not strong enough to get rid of it.

Here is a link to one article about the documentary http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/13/under-our-skin-documentary.aspx

It says

By Dr. Mercola
Unrelenting pain. Headaches, muscle aches, swollen joints, rashes. Loss of coordination and muscle spasms. Intermittent paralysis. Cycles of disabling symptoms that persist for years, causing ceaseless suffering and frustration for patients and their families.
This is the picture of chronic Lyme disease. And yet, many physicians tell their patients there is "no such thing," referring them to psychiatrists, misdiagnosing them, or even accusing them of fabricating an illness or simply seeking attention.
"Under Our Skin," a critically acclaimed documentary and Oscar semi-finalist exposes the hidden story of Lyme disease, one of the most serious and controversial epidemics of our time. Slant Magazine calls it "head-spinning...riveting...a rigorously researched and highly thorough piece of investigative reporting."
Each year, thousands go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed, often told their symptoms are all in their heads. "Under Our Skin" brings into focus a troubling picture of a health care system that is far too willing to put profits ahead of patients. The Chicago Daily Herald calls it "a ripping indictment of the medical establishment's failure to uphold its oath."

UPDATED: I was tested and it was negative.  I still don't know what is wrong with me.