Friday, February 27, 2015

If only to be zen

I posted this to my facebook and thought it really should be on my blog.

The older I get the less tolerant I am of the media objectifying women, sexism, racism, hate, and people's god complex of self importance in small jobs. I also seem to be more nostalgic or teary eyed at acts of kindness, love, pure intentions, and the noblest jobs of all, caring for people. I want to love everything, and I try with my spiritual practices to block out the bad stuff in the world but wow, I find myself going from zen to irritation with a short fuse and I have to talk myself down. There is so much unjust in the world, and I know I can rise above it but it is not easy. I just have to focus on the love.
Working on Consciousness Continues helps me to do this. I also try to do a daily practice, I'm trying to eat right, be more healthy, but it seems like the farther I get down this spiritual road the stronger I feel, and taste, everything. Unfortunately, it isn't just the good things I feel stronger. I suppose that is what it is to be alive.
People that have Near-Death and other profound spiritual experiences say that we chose to come to this life. Life on earth is like going to Disneyland. They also say that we make contracts with each other while we are on the other side. I entertain these ideas, but I will never know until I know. You know:) The idea of that is soothing in a way.
Yet another belief system says that the struggles we have, and well basically everything that we go through, is all a creation of our minds. And the meaning that we attach to everything in our life is something we put on it. A chair has no meaning until you attach the idea it is to relax, or be lazy. a leash for a dog could mean good memories of having a dog, or getting hit by it from punishment, or even a tragic accident. I'm just using those examples for no particular reason. But what I am trying to say is that there is another belief system that says that all the difficulties we have in this life are brought on by our internal thoughts like a holographic universe. We create our lives like a movie by what we think in our head. My dear friend Tooke, always says, when things are not going our way we have to take responsibility for it and says "ok now, what was my part in this" .
I know I'm wordy on Facebook, and this should be better placed on my blog, but I was just going to type that I just don't have time for bullshit anymore. And I really don't even know how I get caught up watching sexist stupid stuff on the internet. I need to find a way to get out and talk to people, without taking on their negative emotions . If I could only rise to the person I want to be and be able to separate the way I feel when I am with negative people, with how I feel internally instead of absorbing it.
A good example of this would be in the new show Togetherness (HBO), this guy comes across a spiritual lady who says "Hi" and then he ignores her and she says "you're a ghost in chains" he is rude to her, he lashes out to her, lies to her face, and still she is completely unaffected by him. I want to do that. I want to be so in touch with my spiritual self that I am completely unaffected by other peoples stuff, and the wisdom to know the difference.