Friday, November 14, 2014

Getaway last weekend at the film fest.

My dear friend and colleague PR Tooke invited me to go to the Eugene Film Festival with her last weekend for the screening of her film "Thru TheWoods", as her friend and Marketing Director/Graphic Arts person.

Here is a version of the Poster that I designed for her.When she had told me about it,
This is the version I like, it is not the official version. 
I had somehow mis-understood how long the trip was planned for, thinking it would be from Thursday to Saturday morning.  She asked me about a month ago and this whole time I planned to be gone for 2 nights and then come back.

On the Friday morning,  while we were at breakfast I casually asked "So what time are we headed back tomorrow?" She answered that we weren't going back till Sunday night or possibly Monday morning. Wow what a dork I am. I had made plans for Sunday morning, and even Monday morning.

We were having a great time and my husband even said that if I was having a nice time to just stay. But after a 2nd night of not sleeping well I decided I think it would be better for me to stick to my original plan of going back Saturday. So I took the Bolt bus back to Portland.

Have you heard of the $1 bus tickets? Bolt Bus is a bus that seems nicer than greyhound, and you can get tickets for as low as $1.  I paid $14 for my ticket to go from Eugene to Portland,  but evidently each bus trip has at least 1, $1 fare on it, here is  blog post from someone describing how to get the elusive $1. fare. http://www.wanderu.com/bus-travel-review/boltbus-coupon-promo-code/

I had a great 2 hour bus ride, except that some messed up persons gas permeated the bus.  Wow.  Unbelievable.

Oh well, the trip as a whole was very fun. We went to screenings, breakfasts, dinner, shopping and even a historic house. We've had  nonstop interesting and  philosophical conversations, and talked about our life stories.  The day I left,  I even went and got my hair done at the JC Penney. It was a lovely time.


That's all for now.