Thursday, March 21, 2013

Peace, Human rights, and Near Death Experiences


I just have to be honest - the reason I chose to do a documentary about the Near Death Experience is because I am at peace with the subject.  Hearing the stories of NDE spread peace, love, and compassion. Learning that consciousness continues after death helps people inter-personally and especially helps people who are grieving the death of a loved one. Hearing the stories helps our fellow humans.

The reason I did not do a documentary about Immigration Reform, which at one point was my goal,  is because it fires me up in all the wrong ways - ie. frustration, anger, sadness, despair, and a sense of helplessness. Spiritually speaking - they say anything you fight against persists.  Don't get me wrong, some day I probably will do a documentary about immigration reform, but I have to get to a place where I don't feel so personal about it.

Actually that is another reason I try not to get into politics, politics are consuming and in a way like chasing your tail. I feel like we as a people can ask your politicians to do their best and represent our interests. We must be a squeaky wheel - and you know the squeaky wheel gets the oil. (I learned that early on in my career) However, we must let go of the outcome.

This life is not about our petty differences it is about all the ways that we are the same.  All any of us wants is to be loved, feel like we belong, and for someone to listen to us at least some of the time.  We should all be finding ways that we have stuff in common. I know when I have practiced this in difficult situations, my life seamlessly becomes easier.  It has been more difficult for me to practice this with the ever changing lifestyle of freelance, college, and producing my first feature film, but I need to remember that. Each time I look at a person on the street I know deep down they want the same things we all want. And in this commonality our lives can shift.

The great spiritual leaders say that we are on the brink of a shift in consciousness  I'd like to think that shift is in the fact that we all realize we are the same and connected.

Energy never dissipates it only changes form. We are all in this great energy field living a life that is somewhat of an illusion. Once you die you do not have possessions   The only thing that you can carry with you is the love and forgiveness and nurturing that you did while you are alive. I'm not perfect at this. I think if I was perfect at this I probably would have passed on to the next dimension.

I want to finish this post with a quote I heard in a documentary about George McGovern - Taken from the political documentary enttiled "One Bright Shining Moment" these are words that I believe apply to life in general.  This quote by Dick Gregory, author and civil rights activists 


" If you took darkness and you lit one match, from miles away you could see that one match"
and another quote from the same documentary .


"because darkness sees darkness, you know, if you've been in the dark for so long, the light hurts your eyes".

These are the words I try to remember when I try to spread the messages of peace, human rights, and Near Death Experiences.

Peace out
PuertoVallartaGirl in Portland