Thursday, December 13, 2012

Still on the search to figure out my fatigue - I may have found it?!

I haven't been feeling well lately and I have been on a search to figure it out. When I developed several health problems in Mexico every one kept telling me that it is just heredity or that it is all in my head.   That sounds like bullshit to me.

I've made several changes to my lifestyle. I stopped brushing my teeth with fluoride toothpaste, I've stopped using products with sulfates in them on my skin because of strange rash I had on my shoulders since I came back to the US.  I brush my teeth with Tom's of Main fluoride free toothpaste and wash my face and skin with baking soda, and I wash my hair with baking soda and found 1 organic conditioner that doesn't contain sulfates. I consume a cap of Bragg's vinegar a few times a week.  I also bought organic coconut oil for my skin and cooking, but I haven't implemented that. I got tired of the coconut smell quite quickly.  The result with these changes, because of the vinegar I don't have to take omeprazol for Gerd anymore. Because of washing my face and body with baking soda my skin is the clearest it has ever been. The Toms of Maine toothpaste works fine but I don't get the refreshing minty taste in my mouth when I brush. But with all of those changes starting between 2 and 4 months ago. I am still very fatigued perhaps even worse than before. Of course that makes me wonder if it has something to do with the changes I've made. But how could it when my skin is so much better? I've had many blood tests done by my doctor but all the results come back within normal limits.

After searching and searching fatigue, ears ringing, and a few other symptoms I've returned with the illness of "Adrenal Fatigue" on several occasions.  Then, last week I started reading this website. http://www.drlam.com/articles/adrenalfatiguevshypothyroidism.asp.  I ended up buying a different book, not only because of the less expensive price but it seems like there are more recommendations for the following book on Amazon called "Adrenal Fatigue, The 21st Century Stress Syndrome"  by James L. Wilson, N.D. D.C. Ph. D here is a link to it   Adrenal Fatigue - on Amazon.

I've only just began reading it but so far other than a few symptoms that I don't have, everything else seems like they are talking about me. In Chapter 4 it talks about the type of jobs that are prone to Adrenal Fatigue. It starts with doctors who start ignoring their body's needs in college, and medical school. Next it talks about police who are continually changing shifts, and any job that continually changes shifts and never has a chance to properly acclimate. Then it talks about what he  refers to as "Sandwich stress jobs" and surprisingly enough lists "middle executive, secretaries, and teachers"  That's me.  Jobs where you see problems and can't control your circumstances, they never get the glory, and always get the blame. I never thought of it that way, but I guess it does give you a unique type of stress. I'm also reading all the other types of situations that lead to Adrenal Fatigue.

The good news, you may feel like your dying but you CAN get better. Yay!

 I think there is hope for me.

PuertoVallartaGirl in Portland