***this turned into a walk down memory lane and sort of went off subject but bear with me.
I'm not certain if I've written it here or not but, I was a very promiscuous youth from 13 to 18, then I was in a very monogamous relationship from 18 to 27. While I was watching this I remembered several instances when older men tried to ... court me ??? I guess you would call it... when I was a teenager. I think only 1 time did I do anything with an older guy, which I've always regretted, but it was voluntary. Unlike most promiscuous teens I never...... ever.... did anything with a man without being in total agreement, and I was never involved, except that 1 exception of 1 time, with an older man. However, I can remember several stories of how older men acted interested in me, but thank god I never fell for it. I am and have always been a very strong and independent person. I think that is because I had responsibility at such a young age. That is why this movie is so interesting to me, it felt like it was me at first.... The movie starts with a person online chatting with someone and flirting but with heavy sexual undertones. Now that part does not remind me of me, I never did that in advance of meeting someone, and hey when I was a teenager, there wasn't even the internet yet, that came in my 20's. So she goes and meets this guy this is Ellen Page from Juno, is made up to look so very 14 years old, and tomboy ish. It was utterly disturbing. The guy she is meeting is a supposed photographer who is handsome. She teases him and gets him to take her home, but she really has to prod him to do so, he doesn't immediately take the bait though he seems like he wants to. There is some foreshadowing, she acts happy but they show nervous looks on her face. At the time you say to yourself. "No dont' do it, if your not comfortable don't do it!".... I was very scared at this point that the film was going to be a standard, she is a victim film and he was the crazy. They get back to his house and she talks him into having some drinks. Now at this point... I had to pause the movie to tell my husband about all these stories that I just happened to recall in that moment.
Wow it is so scary when I think about it and what was happening at the time, REAL LIFE 1984 ish The Green River killer for info about the green river killer click here and scroll down to the section "The History of the Green River Killer" The Green River Killer was killing girls from my area and where I was hanging out. And,I Even knew of a girl that was killed who my friend knew, that was evidently a prostitute her name was Wanda. Wanda is not on this list, but in that story (the link above) it is evident they did not find all the victims. Ok. So thats setting the stage. It was the 80's I had big hair and spandex.
Ok I'm going to list the memories that came up when I was watching that movie last night:
- About 1984 I got a ride from a guy that drove me to the end of my street. I was like 13/14 ish and I remember having a really interesting conversation with him, but I thought it was very strange how he was so fascinated by me, he was like 34 or something and he thought I was the best thing ever, he said, and he never tried to touch me but we had a long conversation, he was ok looking but I was not the slightest bit interested in a grown man. IF my dad knew he would have literally shot this man. At the time I had no idea what was really going on. He was nice and funny and wanted to continue to be "friends" but I never saw him again. I just said, "I gotta go" and went home, and never called him even though he gave me his phone number.
- 1984 I was hanging out in the wrong crowd with I think this tall friend I had named Joanna and me somehow met a coke dealer who had a red corvette. Anyway I vaguely remember being told the benefits of hanging out with this guy. But he was creepy, a drug addict/dealer. it was weird so I never saw him again, and I didn't even like coke anyway.
- Ok then there was this other bad influence I knew in 84/85 ish and she was hanging out right where the prostitutes that got killed from the green river killer were.
- When I lived in Woodland California, a group of my friends all got a keg and we went to a concert in Sacramento. Before or after said concert we visited some friends house, which happened to be a guy that was about 32. he had a 5 year old child, I was 16 at the time, and I remember him trying to give me what was basically a sales pitch on why I should be his girlfriend and come and be the step mother. But I was polite and got out of there as soon as I could. There was no real pressure but still, what is wrong with these guys?
- I also remembered another time when I was about 16 and I had a different friend named Shelly Martinez, and she knew this coke dealer named Sparks, and we went to his house and he sort of gave me a sales pitch too, Like he liked me ... la dee da etc and why it would be good to be with him. He showed me his basement that was a marijuana growing operation that he dug under his house.
- Then there was the time that I did the regrettable thing I mentioned earlier, I screwed around with the creepy neighbor when I lived in Sacramento. I've always regretted that, he was like 40, but that was the only time I actually did anything, and I it was consensual.
- My Senior year of high school, I worked at OHSU. This married guy named Don flirted with me constantly and gave me notes. At the time, I lived on my own, went to high school, drove a car, and was a file clerk 20 hours a week in the medical records department of the Oregon Health and Science medical records department. Everyday we would pick up these stacks of little printouts and pull the files. More than one time Don put little love notes into my stack. I remember I even actually went to a concert one time and held his hand while his wife was there. Oh my god, so scandalous. I have never been one to be the other woman, so I don't know what I was thinking, but that guy convinced me he was great. I never kissed him or anything. In retrospect he wasn't that great.
- When I was 4 years old, my Dad's friend giving me a ride by myself. and he must have said something really bad, like touch my pee pee or something, because I remember telling him no and then when we got back I immediately told my dad. My dad was hot tempered and physically fought him and forbade him to ever come around our family again.
- I also remember when I was maybe 3-4 years old the neighbor guy named Huey was babysitting us and he wanted me to touch his pee pee or he wanted to touch me. This guy was like 15 or 16 and babysitting us, and as soon as my Dad and Mom came home from their date, I told my Dad what Huey had said. My Dad fist fought this teenager and the cops came and took my Dad away.
- It was 85/86 ish and Shelly and I met some guys who lived around the Hawthorne area. We went back to their house for the so called party. No one was there. It was one of those bait and switch things. and they served us some cheap champagne which I am certain had a micky in it. I started getting drunk way too fast, like after 1/2 of a glass of champagne. I knew something was up so I made Shelly leave. I said "We gotta go NOW!" Shelly didn't want to leave but I dragged us out of there seeing double vision and everything and got us home.
Until finally she finds his safe and finds photos of terrible stuff, which you never actually see but it is represented as horrific acts to young girls, and includes a girl that was missing. There were also photos of children being killed. She tells him she is going to castrate him, she ices it and puts a clamp on it and then sets up a camera and puts in a video where she makes it look as if he is watching an actual surgery on the screen, but what he is actually watching is a video tape of a castration. He doesn't realize until later, that she didn't cut it off. while there is this cat mouse game she keeps offering him this option to commit suicide. She finds his weakness, a woman he loved and was infatuated with, but didn't kill, and calls her to come over. And 2-3 times she gives him the option that he can kill himself and she will hide all the evidence of him being a monster. He keeps getting lose but she always gets him back in check again, with a stun gun. It's as if she has done this multiple times.