Monday, August 22, 2011

policemans hat

1989 - High Rocks - what was in my head

If only I had a blue hat, like him. That man over there. Seeming so powerful and awake, savage? He looked at me with pearcing eyes. My bikini was green and he thought he smelled alcohol on my breath. I want to take that blue hat away from him and throw it in the river.
______________

present day:

Sometimes to this day I look at people and I try to guess who they are and what they are thinking. When the evening comes and the clouds are gone, I will look out the window and envision another world, another world for the taking, where I am free and run away. But would I really be happy? The grass is always greener, the key is spirituality.

This is me trying to write freely, no editor in my mind. I was 18 when a cop gave me a minor in possession because I looked HOT in my florescent green tiger striped bikini - it was 1989. In Clackamas county court it got dropped, I was prepared to fight it, but he didn't show up. That day the cop gave me a ticket he told me " If only I was alittle younger maybe we could go out on a date." Just another day in abuse of power.

Last night we were driving back from Seaside Oregon,

I read an article in Glamour 9/2011 issue, about there still being a 27% gap in salaries of women and men doing the same job. How can I go for my dreams but be seen as a good person. Women doing the exact same actions as men are still perceived negatively for going for their dreams.

Puerto Vallarta girl in Portland