Thursday, May 5, 2011

repeating to myself for what... 4 days... God did not create a meaningless world Lesson 14 to 15

So got the ear all fixed up today, it was filled with ear wax and the doctor cleaned it... Hey I'm missing out on the daily photo thing I wanted to do too. I have so much going on right now. I'm excited too. I've been loving my screen writing class and I am contemplating whether I should do my final project on 2 particular very personal events.   One is a story from few days after we moved to Mexico and my husband messed up and got drunk and went to a brothel and danced with a prostitute. The other is about what happened the day my dear friend died several weeks ago.  Both deeply personal situations that I will have to write, and then have read out loud by people playing the parts.  

Another cool thing... I'm now working with Women in Film Portland, Yea!!! as a volunteer/part time employee ish thing.... I'm so excited to be able to build these friendships with various women who are  in film...... I like the idea of having  a reason to be there. I've found in networking situations I am terrible if I do not have a function. However, if I have a function I can be charming and efficient and helpful. Sometimes, believe it or not eloquent. You know what happened to that, I used to be eloquent. .....or maybe only in my mind.

Tonight I was organizing a shoot for a short film that will be played before the 2011 Fit to Print fashion show for the graduating Fashion Students.

And  I have a webshow I want to do a pilot on. About Weird in Portland.

Also I'm going to Corvallis on Sunday to visit my Son, whom I miss and is so sweet, I am so lucky you know to have such wonderful kids. This morning, (I'm grumpy in the morning by the way), I was woken up with my 4 year old boy and 8 year old girl kissing each of my cheeks and wanting huggies.  I am so lucky.

I am starting a garden in the back area of my apartment. What else... I'm a weird o... I offered a magazine to a lady on the train and she declined as if she was offended and it hurt my feelers. ...

So anyway, I've been thinking everyday about that god did not create a meaningless world, but I just am not 100% feeling this yet.  I must keep going.

Lesson 15: My thoughts are images that I have made.( taken from The Course in Miracles Workbook for Students.)
Description: ok in a jumble of words it says our thoughts ARE the images we see. Our thoughts replace seeing with illusions. Whoa this part is a trip " This introductory idea to the process of image making that you call seeing will not have much meaning for you.  You will begin to understand it when you have seen little edges of light around the same familiar objects which you see now. "

wow

that is A TRIP.  it says that when that happens that is the beginning of REAL vision.

wow.

It says that as you go along you may have many "light episodes" that take many forms. And it says do not be afraid of them. They are signs that you are opening your eyes at last.

to practice - repeat it to yourself.  and apply it to whatever you see around you. This ____ is an image that I have made. That ____ is an image that I have made. each practice should be for a minute or less and only 3 times during the day.

My interpretation:  WOW... nothing really to say, I need to try it.