Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My head is full of nothing (kidding) lesson 10 to 11

This is a random dog looking loopy solidifying todays concept
So okay I get it, I spend my time thinking about meaningless stuff.  I've been trying to feel this concept... the lesson 10 one.. "My thoughts do not mean anything."   I just saw a note at the end of Lesson 10 it says "This thought will help to release me from all that I now believe"

I've had some different stuff going on.. Like the world has been all friendly and peachy keen since this term started. Which has been nice until last night when the same sort of competitive pretentious mean spirited attitudes assaulted my peaceful world. Wait, that must be another one of those bad thoughts ........ whoops well, I'm working on it. Today I've got to make dinner and get ready for my class so I'm just going to list the next lesson and work on that.

Lesson 11: "My meaningless thoughts are showing me a meaningless world. " referenced from The Course in Miracles, Workbook for Students.

Description: (re-interpreted):  this one is very important it says because most people think that the world determines what we think but this is the first lesson that says what we think determines our world. The key to forgiveness lies in today's idea. Todays lessons you should start with your eyes closed repeating to yourself and then open your eyes and look close and far and repeat this idea. For about a minute or so practice very casually. This idea is the foundation for inner peace. you should practice between 3 and 5 times.

My interpretation:  again I think this is trying to get us to recognize all the nonsense that is in our thoughts and getting us to basically start the way we think from scratch  so we can be open to love and forgiveness.