Friday, April 29, 2011

existentialism... Lesson 12 to 13

I just looked that up for some reason on dictionary.com -

existentialism n.

a modern philosophical movement stressing the importance of personal experience and responsibility and the demands that they make on the individual, who is seen as a free agent in a deterministic and seemingly meaningless universe


I'm not really buying into that but that seems sort of like the opposite of what the course in miracles is saying. In these lessons we will be shown how every action and reaction is in essence all about and for or against ourselves because we are all connected and we are all one and what we project is in our minds.

I struggle with this constantly because the world seems so real. But what almost no one can argue with is the sheer fact that everything we think about seems to appear in our lives. It doesn't matter who you are. It happens to everyone. So even if we put aside all the spiritual beliefs and the why, what, who stuff if we just decide we don't want to be scared and upset anymore and we want to be happy then it is clearly important to start with your thoughts. 

I've got a terrible ear infection right now and do not feel like doing a darn thing. Today all I did was take the kids to school or bus stop and then buy a few groceries. There is this produce place that sells old produce that is mostly usable for very good prices.  Cabbage 8 for a dollar, and celery 4 for a dollar all sorts of deals.  A few weeks ago I got asparagus bunches 4 for 2 dollars but I had to cut off everything except 3 inches from the tip, It was still a nice luxury. I also got 20 packs of green onions for $2.00.

Well that was my day today, no school for me , and now I am just miserable with an ear infection watching movies on netflix. I just saw 8 1/2 by felini. What a trip. 

I'm ready to move on to lesson 13: a meaningless world engenders fear. 

Description: it says this idea builds on lesson 12 but also that there is nothing that does not have meaning. Ok I'm getting confused now. Then the exercise is almost the same as lesson 12. 

Ok. I don't feel good so that is all I'm going to say about that.