Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The opposite of joy is depression

Some time ago I highlighted parts of The Course in Miracles and when I get lost I go back and read them, if I remember or like now I stay in a state of anxiety for a few weeks before I find myself coming back to the center. My course in miracles book is falling apart and highlighted and really bad shape, I just decided to buy a new one. The one thing though that I put a piece of tape by and highlighted is this:

"When you meet anyone, remember it is a holy encounter. As you see him you see yourself. As you treat him you treat yourself. As you think of him you think of yourself. Never forget this, for in him you will find yourself or lose yourself. "

This is one of the most difficult things to do, for me, other than controlling my thoughts. This is in essence another way to control your thoughts and remember that our world is what we make it and if we are attacking people in our minds we are not being forgiving and we are essentially attacking ourselves...

well I agree with the course... what do you think?