Monday, February 14, 2011

MTV skins is more true than people want to believe

That new show on MTV called skins... really says alot about todays youth, I heard there is a lot of controversy about it. But I also think that our society is barely coming aware of how true these situations are. Kids really are experiencing this stuff.

In the last 10 years, I have heard the story way too many times, that this child and that child have ADHD or on medication for depression. ven my highly intelligent son who is in college now was recommended for adhd medicine in first grade. I was like "Hell no!". He's a kid....

I think there is this idea that we must categorize everyone and figure out exactly what they are like and then treat them appropriately. I personally believe that we, meaning society, has drifted so far from the true reason people get depressed, and the true nature of our actions.

Like ADHD... what about food alergies? Sugar affecting kids in a bad way? And who would want to give a small child speed which leads them down a path of drug addiction for the rest of their lives. Its like saying you are flawed, I don't have time to try harder to deal with you, I give up on you.

Depression. Ok, my Mom is seriously mentally ill. And I know that she has a brain imbalance that with the trials and erros of 30 years of taking medicine has totally fried her brain. But, I've also had many discussions with her psychologists about the fact that medication cannot make a manic episode go away, it can only calm her or tranquilize her and make her easier to deal with for staff. On the flip side how much damage has been caused by those same medicines. My Mom is so irreparable now, I still wonder if the medicines are the cause.

Now lets go somewhere in the middle. Sleep issues? I've been having sleep issues and I am starting to think it has to do with the pain reliever I've been taking. But more likely it has to do with the fact that I am so busy busy busy doing a million things and I have problems relaxing because I have a million things to do. Should I now take a sleep medicine to make me sleep? Then god knows what I'd do then, since I am already prone to sleep walk. God no.... I will never take that stuff.

Or Depression - I personally feel that the true cause of most depression is loneliness or a loss of faith in life..... Laughter really is the best medicine as well as hope and belief that everything will be ok. I think depression comes from the lack of those things. The feeling of being trapped in a life you don't want or being paralyzed with fear to go for your dream. OR even achieving your dream and then not knowing what to do. Sometimes its from just having everything be pretty good and still not being satisfied because every day is the same...

What solves depression? A new pill that pharmasuetical companies can make millions on? No I think what solves depression is faith and hope, and a general feeling that everything will be ok. I'm not pushing religion I'm just suggesting that each person search for true meaning and a faith that feels real and natural for them. ...

I know that my days of where I feel like I don't belong or that things are out of whack where ever I go, are directly proportional to my inner dialog. If I get back to being centered and my position of faith my entire world changes around me. If my mind says, everyone is beautiful, and I am in a loving environment I am..


I know I harp on this alot but I just want everyone to be happy. If you are intrested in more of this I suggest reading the book creative visualizaiton by shatki gawain.

The first time I read that it was an uttlery amazing magical experience because my entire life was turned upside down int he best way ever. It was like magic.