Monday, January 31, 2011

Those psychotic neighbors are challenging my self control

So, on an everyday basis I would say I am someone who blurts out almost anything that is on my mind. And usually it is not a huge problem because I am usually thinking thoughts of harmony and kindness. However, I have these psychotic neighbors that I have written about here before. They are freaking out on me all the time, because, I have kids. And kids make noise sometimes. My children are basically well behaved and pretty quiet. But they do jump occasionally and run around and sometimes I get into screaming matches with my 8 yearold because she throws a tantrum.

A few months ago they freaked out because the leaves of their tropical plant were falling off and they were convinced that my children were picking the leaves off. Somehow as they screamed in foul language at me, my sister-in-law, and our two 4 year olds, I stood there calm and patient. We both tried to keep it light hearted as they got more and more aggressive and psychotic on us. And seemed as if they would get violent.

We walked away shaken and surprised and then the lady even screamed at me several more times, and somehow I was able to keep my cool though out the experience.

The whole thing started because of that plant which idiots that they are, the leaves were falling off because of the cold. DUH! It's called Fall for a reason.

One day early December I was filming a short and one of my crew stepped within 4 feet of her door and she opened it up and I said to my crew, "oh yea, I forgot that lady does't want people by her door" , she say's really loud, "That's right Bitch" in an aggressive way.

During Christmas they did something really weird too. They had previously thought my children were touching their plant, which is untrue, my children are NEVER out there unsupervised. So during Christmas time they hung up 3 indoor type stockings on the rail, and put a wrapped box on a little table. It was as if they were trying to lure our children over there?

I was able to get over that because we want to move anyway, and well, those people have something wrong in their brain. Either they are paranoid drug users, which they don't look like it to me but their behavior seems so or they are completely racist, because they are black, and hate white or latino people? Or they really have mental problems. I've been trying not to buy into their anger and let them affect me, but it has taken months to get over their aggressive behavior. Finally within the last month I've got my mind right and to feel neutral about them.

However, last night at about 12:30 am I hear this really loud slamming in their closet, they were taking their closet door and slamming it into the side of the wall. It woke me up abruptly. And everything was quiet enough that I could hear the psychotic guy yelling. He was ranting about us saying that we were loud in the middle of the night. Which we were not. Using all sorts of foul language in an aggressive and angry way. I've already put my 30 days notice in on Saturday. In the moment I wanted to slam the wall back. I wanted to make alot of noise this morning and I had some fleeting thoughts. I see their car and I want to run into it. But I don't and I keep my mouth shut.

The reason? Well, it is some type of spiritual challenge for me. And I don't want them to be under my skin. They are messing up my polly-anna attitude. I keep having those mean thoughts to get back at them, but I don't want to be that person.

Have you ever seen, "What the bleep do we know". http://www.whatthebleep.com/ It is a pretty trippy quasi - spiritual vs science movie filmed in Portland. Becareful if you look for it on youtube because there are a few fake versions. It has this cool example where it shows that every person you see is the feelings and emotions you have inside yourself. So if that is true, why are these people haunting me. Well I suppose it doesn't really matter why. It only matters that I recognize that and combat it with kindness or just ignore it right?