Thursday, December 9, 2010

Untraditional Student a poem - draft

Untraditional Student - THIS POEM IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION  - SOME EDITS STILL NEED TO BE UPDATED HERE.

label me,
put a name to me,
spill your feelings over me,
yet I will still be here in peace,

tell me you don’t agree,
tell me with your actions,
and sarcastic voice,
tell me with your indifference,
or omission,

you  cannot prevent my  presence from permeating,
look at me and look away,
its ok,
no matter what you do,
you can’t shake my faith,

use your control over me,
use it, if it makes you feel better,
dangle it in front of me,
make me feel secure and take it away,
even so,
my soul will be strong,

listen listless lonely learner,
to the sound of hope,
life can throw me down but I don’t go down,

I try to treat you with joy,
 with truth and with kindness,
hear how I hold my heart
ever hopeful of love from you,
from me, from we,

I practice kindred kindness,
practice until I get it right,
teaching truth,
sensing something else
as if we are all one

so go ahead
label me