Tuesday, June 22, 2010

HBO - The Senators Bargain - introducing the word "xenophobe" if you don't already know it.

I love HBO. Someday I want to work for them. I have so many ideas. I've liked HBO since I was a kid in early 80's I think they played the movie "My left foot". I liked Sex in the city when everyone was saying that it was too risque - first few shows of the first season I knew it was awesome. I know now days I am basically obsessed with immigration.  This blog really started because I wanted to reach out to people about what it was like to be forced to move to Mexico, when all we really wanted to do was visit.  But Because I believe in the law of attraction, and how I am so focused on Immigration It is all I see and read about.

Here is some recommended viewing.  Senator Kennedy's attempt at getting comprehensive immigration reform passed. It was June 2007. I prayed so hard at that time for this. But it failed. Some of the politicians really understand the family unity issues. The predicted that everything was just going to get worse for Hispanics. They were so right.



Its running right now on HBO it is really great seeing how the legislature works.   I think everyone who wonders "why should I contact my legislator?" and see a glimpse of what it is like. It is a huge dance of compromises on the way to getting legislation passed. And they predicted exactly what is going on right now. The federal government didn't do the job of passing immigration reform and so the states would take things into their own hands. And now look at Arizona.

It also used the word - xenaphobe - which I did not know. But seems so appropriate. according to dictionary.com -




xen·o·phobe

  [zen-uh-fohb, zee-nuh-]  Show IPA
–noun
a person who fears or hates foreigners, strange customs, etc.
Origin: 
1910–15; xeno-  + -phobe