Tuesday, May 11, 2010

the secret - email for the day and "Are compassion and determination opposites?"

Every single day, no matter who you meet in the day - friends, family, work colleagues, strangers - give joy to them. Give a smile or a compliment or kind words or kind actions, but give joy! Do your best to make sure that every single person you meet has a better day because they saw you. This might sound like it is not connected with you and your life, but believe me it is inseparably connected through cosmic law.
As you give joy to every person you meet, you bring joy to YOU. The more you can give joy to others, the more you will bring the joy back to you.

May the joy be with you,

Rhonda Byrne
The Secret... bringing joy to billions

When I worked in an office I used to make this statement my biggest goal. I was an Executive Assistant and I made it my life's work to try to brighten other peoples day's. I think I was successful most of the time.  Somehow I've lost that. When I was in Mexico I lost it, and I just haven't gotten it back.

Its weird how moving to Mexico changed me and my husband.  My husband actually lost his determination in Mexico - but that is all about the country, everything is harder there and he feels like there are no opportunities. He feels like in the US people take him seriously and respect him for his mad construction skills.  In Mexico I seemed to have more determination than I had before we moved, but with my determination I lost my ability to connect with people. I'm trying to get it back now with what happened. My daily compassion for every one and everything.  But I have lost my determination a little. It comes back in waves but then goes back out to sea.

Are compassion and determination opposites? Can't they coincide?