Saturday, November 7, 2009

Somewhere over the Rainbow - My Spiritual Journey Part 1

(this photo is from today by my apartment)
Somewhere over the Rainbow I found myself and I started following my heart.


It all started back when I was a teenager, I had basically no spiritual teacher, no mentor, just a really great dad who had all his own human faults but somehow he was able to give me a solid start. Amongst all my rebellion and acting out and problems with authority I started searching for something. Actually when I really recall this story of my spiritual journey it always really takes me back to the day I got suspended in 3rd grade. I was sitting in the principles office and I had an epiphany. I had decided not to stress about the crime that had been comitted and the punishment that was about to come. I had kicked my teacher for taking my Avon perfume away from me. Being that I was a poor child, when I received a small Avon lotion perfume for my birthday I was fiercely proud of it. I had brought it to school and was evidently causing a ruckus with it. I was sent to the principles office and I still remember that moment very clearly. That was the moment when


I knew that time would pass. I knew there was no reason to stress because shortly it would all only be a memory.