Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Mexican Stare

Isolated as I am I tend to ramble on about things that I personally find amusing or interesting. Today will be an idea that I've been thinking about for a few days. I've changed the way I drive since I've been back from Mexico. I mean, not exactly in how I drive, but what I do when I am driving. I used to often find myself driving on Auto-pilot. My body would be safely getting me from point a to point b, me meaning me and my children or whom ever is in the car. And then I would try to recall something about the drive and basically not recall how I actually did get from point a to point b. Anyone else have that problem?

Anyway, my new thing is this: I do the Mexican stare. When I am stopped at stoplights I stare at the people on the street. When I turn a corner I stare at the people in their cars in the turning lane of the next street. Stopped at a stoplight I look at the people in the cars. I people watch as I bounce to the music.

This is very interesting because now I CAN recall my drive.

I passed the guy who was playing on his skateboard, just after I thumbed-up the older gentleman in a motorized device, after I stopped so that he could cross the intersection.

It is interesting how the human element can change the way my brain works.