Monday, February 9, 2009

Lying Bitch on the Floor

Originally written February 3, 2009

I can smell, feel, and see Portland. I now KNOW in my heart that we are going back in 3 months.

I’m on the bus on my way to work to quit my job. My ideals are too high to sacrifice them for a few dollars. My faith is too strong and I welcome the future with open arms.

Yesterday I had one of my blood pressure episodes and to sum it up I can confidently say that IF I had, had a heart attack or a stroke at work, the manager and owner of the company would have stepped over my body and as they walked by they would probably announce something like, “She better bring in a doctors note or she is outta here!”

The reason I say that is because yesterday, I could tell my blood pressure went up suddenly, I know my body. I felt confused and wasn’t able to communicate like normal. My back was hurting on my left side by my heart, and then my left arm went numb. I explained this to my Manager and she told me a few times, as if I was lying, that I better bring in a doctors note, and explained how short handed the staff was. The owner even said, “Aww you look fine, your talking fine, your not confused” and told me to sit down.

I said, “That’s what you think!” Since when can someone else tell you if you feel confused? I don’t think I have ever been treated as disrespectfully in an employment situation in my entire life.

Fuck that, seriously, FUCK THAT!

It’s called R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Just like the song.

Self sacrifice serves no one. And with my beliefs as strong as they are, I must walk the walk, that I talk. Abundance for all, just open your mind.

I thank god for this lesson and reminder.

Puerto Vallarta Girl

Soon to be, Portland Girl once again.
___________________________
If it is not too much of an inconvenience, please pray for the red tape in the law to get changed so that Enrique can get his visa approved. We called to change the visa appointment today, as instructed by Cuidad Juarez. It was set for February 3rd, but we didn’t have the finances to go, so it will be rescheduled for 2-3 months out. By then the house will be sold, we will have Maria’s visitors visa in place and we will all go to Portland together right before summer.

Also please pray for my blood pressure to regularize because it has been going from really low to really high and I need it stable for the sake of my heart.

Oh god please make it so. Thank you god.