Monday, February 9, 2009

Futuristic

livOriginally written February 1, 2009

My son once told me I don’t live in the real world, I live in the future. When he said it to me it was meant to tell me either that I am not realistic or that he was frustrated with my attitude.

I want to be someone who can enjoy the moment regardless of how beautiful the future is. The only problem is I really have to work at it. How do you balance the future and the present?

I always have something planned and some idea to pursue. It is when I do not that I feel empty. I love to visualize. And yes, sometimes it is more fun to be in my 2 ½ million dollar house dancing salsa with my husband (which as of yet we cannot do- cumbia si, salsa no) under the new chandelier. Instead some of the realities that have been thrown at me recently.

Regardless, I’m only human and realize all these cheery, and positive blogs probably drive some people nuts. So just to bring my public persona back to earth I will say this:

I bitch sometimes. I get cranky with my kids. Sometimes I take stuff personally when I could just blow it off. Sometimes I throw something away, as the saying “don’t throw away the baby with the bath water.” I see hot guys and I do notice them, even though I am happily married. I get obnoxious and irritate people and I don’t even care! I really don’t like doing the dishes. I often procrastinate easy important things, and prioritize other stupid things as way more important.

But you know what?

I do truly want everyone to be happy. To follow their hearts and pursue their dreams. I truly believe there is plenty of abundance for all of us. And I am thankful for the lessons that are thrown in my face.

That is all I have to say for this bus ride home.