Saturday, January 24, 2009

We all live in the REAL world right?

Originally written on January 22, 2009

People are fascinated with weaknesses. Often focused on misery and suffering.

You hear phrases like:

- I live in the Real World
- You have to be realistic
- Life is a bitch and then you die

I don’t know what happened to me. Maybe I really was dropped on my head as a baby… (joking)

But, I don’t buy into all those sayings and philosophies, which to me are masks for:

- I can’t think positive
- I don’t want to think positive
- I give up
- I don’t deserve good things

Etc. etc.


Hey, this is my blog and I can preach if I want to. But one thing that is for sure, it is filled with my philosophies.

I guess this all just brings me to one thing. When we are little everyone always tells us that when we grow up we can do anything we put our minds to.

And I heard the other day, on the Mexican news that when Obama was a child in third grade he wrote that when he grew up he wanted to be President. As an American I think that we are all offered this assignment when we are in about 2nd or 3rd grade and probably about 10 percent of us say “I want to be President”. Well he did it! And that is freakin awesome! We all have that power to make a difference.

And I say the REAL WORLD is what you make it.