The first day I went to work, A BIRD POOPED ON MY HEAD. I knew in that moment that it was not going to work out. But I did not turn around and leave.
What I liked about the job: Having a place to be my own person. Getting up in the morning and getting dressed up and looking nice. Talking to the Sales guys. And getting paid.
What I didn't like um getting my first check and being told I was being LAID OFF - 1 WEEK LATER.
But of course the reason I was laid off could have been for a variety of reasons, here I will make a list of possiblities of why I got laid off:
- The lady I was replacing was training me, but didn't know I was replacing her and started sabatoging me and my training
- I told the big boss/owner I didn't like how they were running the deals
- I told the girl who was training me "Dorota" a Polish girl. That I thought something wasn't quite right in the business and maybe they were scamming people.
- I was an illegal alien in Mexico at the time. So they would have had to adjust my status.
- When I interviewed I appeared subservient and smart, but when I worked there, I am not at all subservient, though I am smaart, I am very outspoken, and sometimes a little bit obnoxious... if you haven't already noticed.
- I read through their contract and told them it had to be re-written. I made a huge list of updates.
- I told them I wasn't comfortable lying to people and that Dorota is really good at it.
Anyway, there is a link attached to the blog below where I talk about getting the job. I knew from the moment the bird pooped on my head.. there was something wrong, and I was right. It's a year later, and they have barely started anything on the construction, while other resorts have gone from breaking ground to opening in 1/4 of the time.