Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Party like a Rockstar - Originally written Dec 2007

I used to want to be a rockstar. I wanted to be wild and crazy and unattached and creative and do what ever I wanted, when I wanted!

Then one day I realized that the reason I had wanted to be famous was only because I wanted to be loved.

One day with spirituality and time I discovered that I didn't want to be something just so I could "Show them". I realized all I really want to do is to live well, practice faith, good will, kindness, and creative visualization. Because in doing that anything that I want for my world will come to me.

Sometimes for just a split moment I still wish I could be a rockstar, but then I realize how wonderful my life is. And I find other outlets for my creativity.

Besides... in my days between marriages and the grief of my father dieing of cancer, I did party like a rockstar for almost 2 years.

And it was an empty life.