Friday, November 28, 2008

The Perfect Facade of Home Life



Back to a schedule with the children. I've posted it on the fridge. I don't know why, but all this time with us all together (meaning e home too)here in Puerto Vallarta, I have not been able to keep a schedule.

The down-side I hate schedules, but they are sort of necessary for the little ones. For example when it comes to breakfast, snack, activities, home schooling, lunch, cleaning, naptime, and chores.

So yesterday we started it again, Yay! And they LOVE Activities. Activities is where I take a basket and I have all these small folded up squares that have an activity(with picture) listed on it. Here are some examples, a song, follow the leader, ring around the rosy, art, or exercize. Then the children choose one out and we do it. We do about 6 of them and then move on to the next part of the schedule. They love it that Mommy plays too.

Somehow, it is easier to be a Mother, Wife, and Writer, when my Husband isn't here for part of each day. Enrique worked his first day yesterday. He didn't even get home until 8:00 pm. But I was happy to see him. And I felt more feminine. I wanted to rub his back and make him feel better.

When he is here (ALL THE TIME) it is like he is expecting me to do things when he wants it done. But I have my routine. It may be a lazy routine, or a different routine, but this is what makes me feel like everything is getting done. I do everything I want to do all day long, teaching and caring for the kids, house, and myself, and then before he comes home, I clean the house (quickly), make sure dinner is made, and put a little makeup on.

He comes home, the house is calm, it has been a tornado all day long, but all he sees is a clean or cleanish house, children calm, me pretty, and we talk about our day.

This facade is not possible when he is here. The house is more chaotic, more stressful, and never a break for anyone. And I have no reason to rush around at a certain time of day and clean.

But now, it is all coming back. I'm hoping until we get our future figured out, we can do our schedule. Go to the beach in the evenings and weekends, and enjoy the remainder of our time here in sunny tropical Puerto Vallarta. A great place to vacation by the way. See my ehow on fun things to do in Puerto Vallarta on a budget, because it really is a blast here!